Mental Health & Wellbeing
Our Wellbeing Ambassadors
We formed our team just a couple of weeks ago but we are here to talk about mental health and wellbeing. We will soon be setting up a Wellbeing Wednesday club where you can come and talk, play games or just take some time to chill. Your mental health and wellbeing matters!
Below are some lovely stories you can share with your children about worries:
- The Worrysaurus by Rachel Bright
- The Don't Worry Book by Todd Parr
- The Colour Monster by Anna Lllenas
- Everybody Worries by Jon Burgerman
- The Huge Bag Of Worries by Virginia Ironside
Below are a list of activities that you can do together with your children to reduce worry:
- Exercise; play in the garden or go for a walk together. Fresh air will help reduce worry.
- Yoga; YouTube children's Yoga.
- Cooking; decide on what you could all have for tea and make it together.
- Get comfy and read a book or watch a film together.
- Mindfulness colouring.
- Run your child a nice, relaxing bath.
- Listen to some music or play an instrument
Parenting Advice from Place2Be
This month it's all about finding ways to be part of something bigger
BE A STAR OF YOUR EMOTIONS
We all experience different emotions from time to time. In just one day, you may feel proud, excited, sad, anxious, nervous, and many other emotions. Remember, all feelings are valid. Shining a light on how you feel, particularly when you’re feeling overwhelmed or anxious, can help you find coping strategies to support your emotional health and wellbeing.