Pupils with attendance between 100% to 97%
- Termly parents will receive a letter home congratulating them on their child’s good/excellent attendance.
- Termly pupils with this level of attendance will receive a certificate of achievement.
- Termly all the children who achieve this level of attendance are put into a prize draw and one family will win a prize.
- Each term the whole class with the best attendance receive a prize and the class with the most improved attendance win a prize.
- Weekly the class with the best attendance is awarded the attendance trophy and celebrated in Friday assembly.
Pupils with attendance between 96%-90%
- All attendance is checked daily and pupils at this level of attendance will be reviewed and monitored.
- Pupils that improve attendance will be praised.
- A postcard home will be sent to celebrate improvement.
Pupils that are below 90%
Pupils that are below 90% will be monitored by the Safeguarding/Attendance team who meet regularly. The following steps will be implemented.
- All absences will be followed up with a phone call/text to confirm the reason for absence.
- If no contact is made a home visit will take place.
- We will need to see appointment letters/proof of medication etc before authorising any further absence.
- A letter will be sent home with regards to persistent absence.
- We will invite parents into school for a meeting where we can discuss ways we can work together to improve attendance.
- We can offer support through an Early Help Assessment (EHA).
- Behaviour support/Family parenting support/CAHMS referral if needed/Other referrals such as GP/Thrive/School Nurse.
- Where appropriate the use of statutory action (including fines).