Health and Wellbeing Support
As the Health and Well-Being Lead I work autonomously and as part of the Pastoral Team working closely with the SENDCO, Attendance Officer, Head Teacher and Health and Wellbeing Deputy Head. I work 4 days per week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. My hours of work are 8 am-4 pm. I am a Registered General Nurse and Registered Mental Health Nurse and prior to my new role in Ringway I spent 12 years as a School Health Nurse for Manchester Foundation Trust including the last 8 years working at Ringway.
I now work as a Health and Wellbeing Lead at Ringway Primary School and If you wish to make an appointment to see me please speak to the Office Staff, Teaching Staff or speak to me directly and I will be happy to help and support you.
Tel 0161 437 1899
How I support our school and wider community
- I give parenting advice, parenting strategies support and attachment advice to improve relationships between parents/carers and their children.
- I also signpost parents to other support such as parenting courses available in the community.
- I can give debt advice.
- Housing advice and signposting to housing support services.
- I can complete referrals to the School Counsellor. CAMHS for SCP, ASD, ADHD and Core CAMHS for behaviour.
- Support parents/carers filing out forms such as CAMHS/DLA/other health forms.
- Behavioural advice.
- I can give parents enuresis and continence advice.
- Coordinating support for families and liaising with other community services such as GP, Podiatry, Dietician. OT, Dental Services, Audiology. Optician, Continence Services and Health Services.
- Offer health promotion leaflets on a large range of subjects.
- Give general advice about children’s health including sleep. dental health. exercise, healthy Lifestyles.
- Act as an advocate for families.
- General support for families.
- I Coordinate and lead Early Help Meetings as Lead Professional.
Playground Play Therapy
I regularly work with children in the playground at breaktime playing sports to promote confidence and improve their social skills.
I teach the following health promotion lessons in the classroom;
- Handwashing Lessons
- Hygiene Lessons
- General Health and Wellbeing Lessons
- Healthy Eating Lessons
- Dental Health Lessons,
- The Winter Lesson (how to keep healthy in the winter).
I Lead and coordinate Lego Club and Creation Art Club which aims to increase and boost children’s confidence and support and improve children’s dexterity by building with Lego and drawing skills.
- I run a Drop in Clinic in School for Ringway School Staff and I offer health screening including blood pressure, pulse, pulse oximetry, peak flow, height and weight, BMI measurements, dietary and slimming advice, smoking cessation support and healthy lifestyles advice.
- I also offer ongoing emotional support and advice for Ringway Staff.