Health and Wellbeing Support
I work autonomously and as part of the Pastoral Team working closely with the SENDCO, Attendance Officer, Head Teacher and Health and Wellbeing Deputy Head. I work 4 days per week Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. My hours of work are 8 am-4 pm. I am a Registered General Nurse and Registered Mental Health Nurse and prior to my new role in Ringway I spent 12 years as a School Health Nurse for Manchester Foundation Trust including the last 8 years working at Ringway. I now work as a Health and Wellbeing Lead at Ringway Primary School and If you wish to make an appointment to see me please speak to the Office Staff, Teaching Staff or speak to me directly and I will be happy to help and support you.
Tel 0161 437 1899
How I support our school and wider community
- I give parenting advice, parenting strategies support and attachment advice to improve relationships between parents/carers and their children.
- I also signpost parents to other support such as parenting courses available in the community.
- I can give debt advice.
- Housing advice and signposting to housing support services.
- I can complete referrals to the School Counsellor. Occupational Therapist. CAMHS for SCAIT, ASD, ADHD and Core CAMHS for behaviour.
- Support parents/carers filing out forms such as CAMHS/DLA/other health forms.
- Behavioural advice.
- I can give parents enuresis and continence advice.
- Coordinating support for families and liaising with other community services such as GP, Podiatry, Dietician. OT, Dental Services, Audiology. Optician, Continence Services and Health Services.
- Offer health promotion leaflets on a large range of subjects.
- Give general advice about children’s health including sleep. dental health. exercise, healthy Lifestyles.
- Act as an advocate for families.
- General support for families.
- I Coordinate and lead Early Help Meetings as Lead Professional.
Website for parents and carers of 4-11-year old’s offering practical advice on supporting your child and managing behaviour.
Offering parenting advice and support through their drop in, every Friday 09:30 to 11:30, 7 Stoneacre Road M22 Tel 0161 498 0292
Website to promote health and wellbeing for families
Wythenshawe Children’s Centers Parenting Courses, Baby Group, family support
Tel 0161 529 0080
Thrive Hub offering emotional support and wellbeing
Lifestyle Centre Wythenshawe M22 1 QW Tel 0161 436 0575
Manchester Community Central. (Early Help Website)
This is a comprehensive directory in alphabetical order which signposts parents to support services, advisory services and health services which can help support families, parents/carers and children in the community.
Click the link (halfway down the webpage) - Early Help for Parents and Young People directory.
I teach the following health promotion lessons in the classroom;
- Handwashing Lessons
- Hygiene Lessons
- General Health and Wellbeing Lessons
- Healthy Eating Lessons
- Dental Health Lessons,
- The Winter Lesson (how to keep healthy in the winter).
I coordinate Lego Club which aims to increase and boost children’s confidence and support and improve children’s dexterity by building with Lego and drawing skills.
- I run a Drop in Clinic in School for Ringway School Staff and I offer health screening including blood pressure/pulse, peak flow, height and weight, BMI measurements, dietary and slimming advice, smoking cessation support and healthy lifestyles advice.
- I also offer ongoing emotional support and advice for Ringway Staff.